Florida Auto Accidents
Data shows that every year, over 200,000 car accidents are reported in Florida – resulting in thousands of fatalities and tens of thousands of serious injuries that require hospitalization.
If you are injured in an auto accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, the Florida car accident attorney at Shapiro Law Group can represent you, hold the negligent party accountable, and fight aggressively to obtain the monetary damages you deserve.
High-Risk Locations and Common Causes of Car Accidents
While car crashes can happen at any place, at any time, there are certain locations where the risk of accidents is significantly higher compared to other places. These include:
- Undivided two-lane roads
- Rural highways
- Parking lots
- Roads around entertainment venues and popular tourist destinations
- Roads near construction zones
The most common causes of car accidents in Florida include:
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Disregarding traffic laws (running a stop sign in particular)
- Poor road conditions
What to Do After an Auto Accident in Florida?
There are seven important steps you need to take after an auto accident in order to improve your chances of recovering the maximum possible compensation from the at-fault party. These include:
- Call 911, inform them about what happened, and request medical assistance.
- Take photographs of your vehicle, the other party’s vehicle, your injuries, the other party’s injuries, damaged personal items, broken glass and skid marks on the road, blood stains, and landmarks in the vicinity.
- Find out if anyone witnessed what happened and get their contact information.
- Get the other party’s contact information, license details, and insurance details. Do not apologize to them or say anything that could be misinterpreted as an admission of fault.
- Get medical help – even if you are not visibly injured and not in pain. With certain kinds of injuries – like traumatic brain injuries or injuries to your internal organs – the symptoms might not appear right away. By the time you notice the symptoms, your health condition could deteriorate significantly. Moreover, not getting medical help right away can also hurt your chances of recovering compensation from the at-fault party. It is why you should try to get medical help as soon as you can after the accident.
- Notify your insurance company. Do not admit fault or say anything that can make you look like the at-fault party in the car crash.
- Contact an experienced Florida auto accident attorney with a proven track record as a personal injury lawyer.
When Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney in Florida?
Under Florida law, car accident victims can file a personal injury protection (PIP) claim with their own auto insurance provider and receive compensation for their injuries and lost earnings. However, you can only receive up to $10,000 under a PIP claim.
If you have suffered serious injuries, the $10,000 you receive from your insurance provider might not even be a drop in the bucket compared to your overall medical expenses. It is why you need to have an experienced Florida car accident attorney on your side.
An accomplished Florida accident attorney can investigate your accident, find out what caused it and who can be held liable for it, gather all the evidence needed to establish the at-fault party’s liability, and negotiate with the insurance company to get a settlement that adequately covers all your damages – from accident-related medical expenses to future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, and diminished quality of life.
Injured in an Accident? Our Trusted Florida Car Accident Lawyer are Ready to Give You the Best Legal Advice and Support!
At Shapiro Law Group, our goal is to provide high-quality, personalized legal services to all our clients and fight tirelessly to obtain the best possible outcome in each and every case we take on. Our motor vehicle accident attorney has extensive experience in handling car accident claims and have a track record of recovering substantial settlements and jury awards for our clients.
If you have been injured in an accident, we can file a car accident claim against the parties responsible, negotiate with the insurance company, and try to get the best settlement possible. We will not hesitate to take your case to trial if we believe that it might be necessary to recover the maximum damages you are owed.
Call our law firm today at (954) 376-3874 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Florida car accident lawyer.